The Law, Your Rights And Our Policy To Be The Best
Chocobong.com are registered and fully comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the ammendments bought in by the Data Protection Act 2016. It also fully observes the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and 2008.
We take your privacy very seriously. All of your details are held on our secure servers and are backed up regularly for security. Unrestricted access to the databases is available only to the founder of Chocobong.com and a very limited number of select colleagues. Your data is kept solely for the purpose of the proper administration of your account and (where you have requested it) to be keep you up to date with new confections and other news that we may wish to inform you of from time to time.
We do NOT share, sell or otherwise transmit your details to any third party under any circumstance with the only exception (as required by statute) to any government agencies that may require it (eg. Police etc.). To date, this event has not happened.
Payment for your purchases's (where you choose to use Credit, Debit or Charge Cards) is handled by PayPal who we have partnered with for the sole purpose of the handling these transactions. Consequently we do not hold any of your credit card information at all and therefore there is no risk of any third party obtaining your payment details from our system. We have established that PayPal's systems are amongst the most stringent in the world and we are satisfied that your personal data is being properly managed and only used for the proper purpose by PayPal.
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act you are entitled to have access to any data that we hold that contains your name in return for a small fee (£20) and we have to supply this to you within 60 days. However, it is our policy to make any data that contains your name available to you free of charge should you request it. All of your account and transactional information is available to you on your personal account pages on this website. Any further information such as Emails or letters that we hold will be made available to you should you so wish upon receipt of a letter to our registered office (below) and this will be actioned within 7 days. Please note that in order to protect the data of a third party that it may be necessary to reduct parts of any data supplied to you.Registered Office:
The Data Controller
131 St. Peters Court
Chalfont St. Peter
Buckinghamshire SL9 9QJGreat Britain Nothing above detracts from your Statutory Rights but merely adds to it.
What Data Do We Collect And How Do We Use It?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience at Chocobong.com. We use the information to handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, communicate with you about your orders, products, services and any promotional offers, update our records and generally maintain your account with us, display content such as customer reviews and recommend merchandise and services that might be of interest to you. We also use this information to improve our store and platform, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- Automatic information: we receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Chocobong.com.
- EMail communications: to help us make EMails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation receipt when you open an EMail from Chocobong.com, if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive EMail or other mail from us, please adjust the appropriate setting in the My Account section.
- Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Non-Edible Cookies And Chocobong.com
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide features such as personalised greetings and storage of items in your Shopping Basket between visits. Generally, this is done in order to improve your experience with us.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Chocobong.com's most innovative and useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- Please rest assured that we do not transmit any virus, spyware, worm, trojan or other program or data that can be used in any way by us to infiltrate your computer system or extract any data from your hard disk. We do not condone or encourage any such practice and recommend that you always keep your computer protected through the use of firewalls, anti-virus and anti-spyware programs along with ensuring that your computer operating system is properly up to date with service packs and bug fixes and that you keep regular backups of your data.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
How Secure Is The Data You Store About Me?
- We do not hold any credit card information at all. All payment information is handled by PayPal who are our partner in order to handle credit, debit and charge card payments on our behalf. As a world renowned payment handling company their systems and security is amongst the very best there is in the world.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- Our websites and other public and private facing systems are protected by SSL (secure socket layer - an encrypted form of security that protects the transfer of data between our servers and your computer). The SSL certificate is provided by Comodo, a trusted certification provider and ensures that your data can not be intercepted.
Can I See My Data On Your Servers?
Chocobong.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Chocobong.com.
Can I Control What Data Goes On Your Server?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such Chocobong.com features as your My Account and Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages within My Account. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive EMail or other mail from us, please adjust the appropriate setting in the My Account section.
- The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, you will find that your experience whilst using Chocobong.com will be degraded.
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit Chocobong.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of Great Britain. If you have any concern about privacy at Chocobong.com, please EMail us a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also. We may EMail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Data You Provide To Us
You provide most of such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire or communicate with customer services. For example, you provide information when you search for a product, place an order through Chocobong.com, or one of our third-party sellers, provide information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one EMail address when shopping with us), communicate with us by phone, EMail or otherwise, complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form, provide and rate Reviews or employ other personal notification services or other features that we may add from time to time. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address and phone number, your credit card information, details of people to whom purchases have been shipped (including address and phone number), content of reviews and EMails to us.
Data We Obtain From You Of An Electronic Nature
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login, EMail address, password, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, your operating system and platform, purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Top Sellers, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), cookie number, products you viewed or searched for and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
Data We Obtain From Elsewhere
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily, account information, purchase or redemption information and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising or other services, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Data That You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at Chocobong.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, EMail, password, communications preferences, address book), EMail notification settings, recommendations (including recent product-view history, prior-order history and Favourites), My Account area (including your product reviews, requests and recommendations, and your personal profile).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|